CH Zone Highway Commercial Zone
The restricted Highway Commercial zone is intended for vehicular oriented uses and sales along highway frontages, intermingled with compatible retail, service and administrative activities.
Find Zoning Requirements
You may contact the Town of Los Gatos Planning Department. Please supply the following information:
- Street Address
- Nearest Cross Street
- Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) if available
Permitted Uses in CH Zones
The following uses are permitted in a CH zone:
- Personal service businesses
- Service businesses necessary for the conduct of households
- Office uses
- Limited manufacturing uses when the majority of sales are made, on site, to the ultimate consumer
Examples of proper CH uses
- Apparel stores, Launderettes/dry cleaning agencies, Drugstores, Barbershops, Appliance repair shops, Offices
- Palmists/Soothsayers, manufacturing/Wholesaling, Laundry or dry-cleaning plants
Lot Size Requirement
There is no minimum lot area requirement in the CH zone.
Minimum Setback Requirements
- Front ... 15 feet
- Side ... None
- Rear ... None
- Street Side ... 15 feet
- Front ... 25 feet
- Side / Street Side ... 15 feet
- Rear ... 20 feet
The maximum height of a principle building in the CH zone is 35' (measured from the natural or finished grade, whichever is lower and creates a lower profile, to the uppermost point of the edge, wall parapet, mansard, or other point directly above that grade).
Note: Towers, spires, elevator and mechanical penthouses may be higher than the maximum height noted. Please contact the Planning Department for further information.
You may cover up to 50% of your lot, including any type of accessory building.
If the subject property is located along Los Gatos Boulevard., Please reference the Los Gatos Boulevard Plan and Design Standards.