The Town's Community Development Department proudly introduces a new Online Permitting Service system. We can now accept, review, and provide feedback for documents submitted securely online. This allows our customers to apply and pay for planning entitlements, building permits, and other Town-issued permits.
We hope you find using Online Permitting Services easy and efficient!
Before you get started, do you know what permit you need to apply for? If you’re not sure, check out the new Permit Decision Tool! It will help you determine why type of permit you will need! Otherwise, follow the steps below.
- Become an Accela Citizen Access registered user. Head to the Accela Citizen Portal and register with your email address. You'll receive a confirmation email to your inbox. Once you confirm, you're ready for step 2!
- Already have an account? Log into your Manage My Records account. You can check the status of your existing permits or move to step 2 to start a new application.
- Complete a pre-application, which includes submitting your application forms, plans, documents, and other project-related materials. Staff will review your materials to ensure your file contains all the materials necessary for your project to be reviewed. You may consider checking out the submittal guidelines as you prepare your plans.
- Resolve fees for your application. Once your file has everything needed, it will move on from being a pre-application to a full application. You will be asked to pay associated fees online via credit card. Alternatively, you can mail a check or come into our office during counter hours (8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to pay for the associated fees. Then your project will be assigned to the appropriate staff for review.
- Responding to comments & collaborating with staff. Through the ACA platform, you can receive comments, marked-up plans, provide resubmissions, and other activities related to the review of your application. We encourage you to collaborate with staff via email.
We are excited to offer services that safely keep our community moving forward!
Useful Planning Pages
- General Plan 2020 & Zoning Information
- General Plan Update
- Planning Documents
- Applications & Information
- Permits & Fees
- Pending Planning Projects
- Committees & Commissions
- North 40 Specific Plan
- Annexation Information
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Information
- Approved Conditional Use Permits
- Outside Agencies
- Look Up Property - Interactive GIS Map
- Locate/Contact Us