Senior Service Committee
Committee Vision and Mission
CREATING A COMMUNITY WHERE OLDER ADULTS THRIVE
Our vision is to create a community where older adults are engaged, valued and provided equitable opportunities to thrive in an environment that protects against isolation and promotes inclusion.
Our mission is to provide an age-friendly community that:
- Provides resources and facilities for older adults to live full and healthy lives with volunteer and leadership opportunities that provide a sense of purpose, connection and belonging.
- Promotes physical activity and physical, cognitive, mental and spiritual health for socially enriching lives.
- Promotes adequate and healthy nutrition through community programs.
- Embraces walkable spaces with safe, accessible and affordable transportation.
- Promotes increased participation and communication with the older adult community.
- Partners with local agencies that provide services and assistance for older adults, creating a network that supports public information that delivers services in a coordinated and collaborative manner.
- Ensures accountability by measuring and monitoring the results of our efforts to provide services for older adults.
As part of the Town Councils ongoing commitment to enhancing the lives of older adults in Los Gatos the Council provided funding for the first statistically valid survey of older adults. The Community Assessment Survey for Older Adults (CASOA)™ provides a statistically valid survey of the strengths and needs of older adults as reported by older adults themselves. This report is intended to enable local governments, community-based organizations, the private sector and other community members to understand more thoroughly and predict more accurately the services and resources required to serve an aging population.
CASOA survey results can be found here:
Meeting of March 23, 2021: https://www.losgatosca.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_03232021-1855
Meeting of April 13, 2021: https://www.losgatosca.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_04132021-1866
Sourcewise Area Plan on Aging:
Santa Clara County Age-friendly Three-year Action Plan:
Seniors’ Agenda 2019 Annual Report:
Sourcewise COVID-19 Shelter in Place Impact Report: