Agenda & MinutesRecent Agendas & Minutes
General InformationThe function of the Commission shall be to serve in an advisory capacity to the Town Council regarding Town policies within its scope of expertise; specifically, on the human service needs of the community. With the prior approval of, and/or at the direction of, the Town Council or its delegate, the Commission shall receive public input, evaluate options, and make recommendations on policy issues including, but not limited to, the following:
- The relevant goals and objectives contained in the Human Service Element of the Town’s General Plan; and
- The coordination of community services programs between the Town and other agencies, both public and private; and
- Emerging community needs, including demographic and economic trends.
The Commission shall make recommendations to Town Council concerning the Town's annual Community Grants Program. Enabling Resolution
The Commission consists of seven (7) voting members:
- Six (6) adult members appointed by Council, whose terms of office are three (3) years
- One (1) Youth Commissioner, appointed by the Youth Commission, whose term of office shall be for one (1) year with no limitations on reappointments.
The Commission meets monthly, except August and December, on the fourth Tuesday in the Town Council Chambers, 110 E. Main Street, at 5:00 p.m. The Staff Liaison is Arn Andrews, Assistant Town Manager.
For application information, please click here.
How Can I Get Involved?
All meetings are open to the public. We invite you to attend a meeting before you apply. Contact the Town at (408) 354-6834 to confirm meeting date and time.