Events that include road closures are typically much more complex in nature due to the high level of safety precautions that must be taken, planning and potential inconvenience to the public and businesses. All events wishing to close any public right-of-ways such as roads, sidewalks, parking lots, etc. must indicate this in their special event application. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by Town staff.
Please read the following FAQ topics in these FAQs for further information on road closures.
- What is the road closure process?
- How do I close N. Santa Cruz for an event?
- What is a Traffic Control Plan (TCP)?
- What type of equipment do I need to close a road?
- What are examples of uniform traffic control equipment?