Encroachment Permits

A permit is required whenever temporary use of the public right-of-way is requested for private construction work.  Typical examples of work include:
  • Constructing any driveway, sidewalk, curb, or gutter.
  • Making any opening or excavation in any street, road, alley, sidewalk, curb, parking strip, or any Town right-of-way for any purpose.
  • Laying or placing any pipes, conduits, sewers, wires, or any other objects.
  • Connecting to or altering in any way any Town Drainage system, sewer system, or piping system of any kind.
  • Installing covered pedestrian walkways.
  • Erecting a crane in any Town right-of-way.
  • Placing debris box or storage container.
The following information explains the Town’s Encroachment Permit requirements.  Click on the links below for more information.