Inspection Request Information
NOTICE: Building Inspection Scheduling Delays - The Building Division may not be able to accommodate next-day inspection requests between Monday, January 10, 2022 through Friday, January 14, 2022. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look to resume normal inspection operations the week of January 18, 2022.
Inspection Scheduling Instructions:*Must Schedule by 12 p.m. (Noon) for a Next Business Day Inspection*
- Go to www.losgatosca.gov/building
- Click on “Online Permits System” - **You must register as a user**
- Login and select the “Building Permits” tab
- General Search and enter your permit number in this format: B16-1111 or B18-0001
- Click Record Info and click inspections
- "Schedule or Request an Inspection" should be green - click and select inspection
Schedule Your Inspection by Phone (speak slowly and clearly):
Call the Inspection Request Line at (408) 354-6877 and leave the following information on the voicemail:
- Type of inspection you need for each permit (ex: foundation, shear nail, gas test, rough electric, etc.)
- Date requested for inspection (ex: Tuesday, March 22) & a.m. or p.m. preference
- Permit number
- Address (not lot number)
- Contact name & phone number
*Please Note: If all information is not left, your inspection will not be scheduled. Your inspector will call you the afternoon before your inspection to confirm.
Schedule Your Inspection by Fax:
- Fill out the Fax Inspection Request form and fax to (408) 354-7593
Additional InformationTown of Los Gatos inspection times are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., excluding holidays. Inspections can be scheduled 24 hours a day, but must be scheduled by 12 p.m. (noon), for a next business day inspection. Inspection requests received after 12 p.m. will be pushed to the following business day. Inspectors will make every effort to accommodate an a.m. or p.m. request, but it is not guaranteed. Usually morning inspections are between 8 and 12 p.m., and afternoon inspections are between 12 and 3 p.m., but time windows are estimates only. If your inspector is out of the office, please contact the Counter Technicians for information on who will handle your inspection.
Field Inspectors (Please DO NOT contact your inspector directly to schedule your inspection)
- Bobby DeHerrera 408-354-6861
- Noal Grover 408-354-6870
- Mark Hillabrandt 408-354-6819
- Roy Alba 408-399-5702
Permit Technicians 408-354-6876 Counter Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m - 1 p.m.
Phone Available: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
No work on Sundays or Holidays.