Inspection Request Information
- No solar, energy storage, or vehicle charging inspections will be performed until after normal business operations resume.
- Residential inspections will be limited to those that can be performed through the use of remote video inspections.
- Water heater replacement
- Furnace replacement
- Plumbing repairs needed for proper sanitation
- Electrical repairs needed for proper habitable lighting and heating
- Shower lath and shower pan
- Exterior lath
- Other emergency health and safety issues as determined by the Chief Building Official
Instructions for Scheduling Inspections
*Must Schedule by 12 p.m. (Noon) for a Next Business Day Inspection*
- Go to www.losgatosca.gov/building
- Click on “Online Permits System” - **You must register as a user**
- Login and select the “Building Permits” tab
- General Search and enter your permit number in this format: B16-1111 or B18-0001
- Click Record Info and click inspections
- "Schedule or Request an Inspection" should be green - click and select inspection
Schedule Your Inspection by Phone (speak slowly and clearly):
Call the Inspection Request Line at (408) 354-6877 and leave the following information on the voicemail:
- Type of inspection you need for each permit (ex: foundation, shear nail, gas test, rough electric, etc.)
- Date requested for inspection (ex: Tuesday, March 22) & a.m. or p.m. preference
- Permit number
- Address (not lot number)
- Contact name & phone number
*Please Note: If all information is not left, your inspection will not be scheduled. Your inspector will call you the afternoon before your inspection to confirm.
Schedule Your Inspection by Fax:
- Fill out the Fax Inspection Request form and fax to (408) 354-7593
Additional InformationTown of Los Gatos inspection times are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., excluding holidays. Inspections can be scheduled 24 hours a day, but must be scheduled by 12 p.m. (noon), for a next business day inspection. Inspection requests received after 12 p.m. will be pushed to the following business day. Inspectors will make every effort to accommodate an a.m. or p.m. request, but it is not guaranteed. Usually a.m. inspections are between 9 and 11 a.m., and p.m. inspections are between 12 and 2 p.m., but time windows are estimates only. For a more specific time frame, please contact your field inspector directly between 8 and 9 a.m. to coordinate. If your inspector is out of the office, please contact the Counter Technicians for information on who will handle your inspection.
Field Inspectors (Please DO NOT contact your inspector directly to schedule your inspection)
- VACANT 408-354-6861
- Noal Grover 408-354-6870
- Mark Hillabrandt 408-354-6819
- Roy Alba 408-399-5702
Permit Technicians 408-354-6876 Counter Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m - 1 p.m.
Phone Available: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.