Current Adopted Codes
The Building Division’s purpose is to enforce state and local building codes which provide minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property, and the public welfare.
The Current Codes, as amended and adopted by the Town of Los Gatos as of January 1, 2023, are the 2022 California Building Standards Code, California Code of Regulations Title 24, Parts 1-12 as listed below:
- Part 1 California Administrative Code
- Part 2 California Building Code, Volumes 1 & 2, including Appendices I, and J. (Local amendments)
- Part 2.5 California Residential Code including Appendices AH, AK, AO, AQ, AX, and AZ. (Local amendments)
- Part 3 California Electrical Code.
- Part 4 California Mechanical Code.
- Part 5 California Plumbing Code including Appendices A, B, D, G, I, K, and L only. (Local amendments)
- Part 6 California Energy Code.
- Part 8 California Historical Building Code including Appendix A.
- Part 9 California Fire Code. (Local amendments)
- Part 10 California Existing Building Code including 2018 International Existing Building Code Chapter 14, and Appendices A2, A3, A4, and A5.
- Part 11 California Green Buildings Standards Code Chapters 1-8 only. (Local amendments)
- Part 12 California Referenced Standard Code.
- 2022 International Property Maintenance Code.
To find education opportunities visit the following websites: