Public Guide to Planning Commission Meetings
- For inclusion in the regular packet provided to the Planning Commission Friday evening, public comments must be received by 11:00 a.m. on Friday before the Planning Commission meeting.
- For inclusion in any Addendum provided to the Planning Commission Tuesday evening, public comments must be received by 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday before the Planning Commission meeting.
- For inclusion in any Desk Item provided to the Planning Commission on the day of the Planning Commission meeting, public comments must be received by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the Planning Commission meeting.
Written comments should be sent to the following email address:
Or sent or hand-delivered to the following address:
110 E. Main Street
Los Gatos, CA 95030
Members of the public may speak on any item on the Planning Commission agenda, when it is heard, or on any matter NOT on the agenda, under Verbal Communications.
To speak on an item, members of the public are asked to raise their virtual hands through Zoom. If you are participating by phone only, press *9 on your telephone keypad.
If you wish to comment on an item on the Planning Commission agenda, you may do so in writing prior to the meeting, verbally at the meeting, or both.
Members of the public may bring signs or other symbolic material to Planning Commission meetings when held in-person in accordance with Council adopted policy. The following parameters apply:
- Signs may not be larger than 18 inches by 24 inches.
- No stick, post, pole, or other such items shall be attached to the sign.
- The items cannot create a building maintenance problem or a fire or safety hazard.
- The items must not be raised above shoulder level whether seated or speaking from the podium; obstruct the view of other attendees or the Commission, or the passage of other attendees; or otherwise disturb the business of the meeting.
- Persons wishing to make an audio/visual presentation on any agenda item, including Verbal Communications, must submit the presentation electronically (to firstname.lastname@example.org), or on a flash drive or DVD, to the Community Development Office no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day of the Planning Commission meeting so that staff can confirm the compatibility of the digital format with the Town's equipment. Please note that submittal in person after Community Development Counter Hours (between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.) should be submitted to the Clerk’s Department.
- The presentation must be displayed on the Town's dedicated electronic equipment, and should be queued at the point where the speaker would like to begin. The speaker's allotted time will include any procedures necessary to start the presentation.
- Material presented on the Town's electronic equipment becomes a part of the public record of the Town. Any data storage medium such as a flash drive or DVD will be retained by the Town unless the presenter collects it from the Community Development Department staff within two weeks of the meeting it was presented.
The Planning Commission follows a regular order of business during Commission meetings. The order may change at the Chair's discretion. Persons interested in an item listed on the agenda are advised to be present at the beginning of the meeting. The regular order and description of each category are available in the Planning Commission Policies and Procedures.
The Planning Commission may take action on any matter on the agenda, and that action is not limited by the recommendations indicated on the agenda or staff report. The Commission may also give direction to staff.
Planning Commission meetings are cablecast live on KCAT, Channel 15, and are replayed on the first and fourth Wednesday of the following month at 7:00 p.m. Live and archived Planning Commission meetings can be viewed here.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing special assistance to participate in Planning Commission meetings should call the Clerk's Office by 12:00 noon on the Friday prior to the meeting to make reasonable arrangements for accessibility to the meeting. Their phone number is 408-354-6834.