- The Youth Commission is to foster and encourage civic and neighborhood pride and a sense of identity through the knowledge, understanding, and increased involvement of the Town’s youth in the Town’s present and future municipal affairs.
- The Los Gatos/Monte Sereno Foundation is committed to supporting our Police Department and our community by providing funding for public safety tools and educational outreach programs. By providing additional funding, we assist in maintaining the high quality of life and the low crime rate that residents, businesses and visitors of Los Gatos and Monte Sereno enjoy. For more information and to view upcoming events, please visit the Police Foundation website.
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
- The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is one of the most visible Town emergency preparedness programs, sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This 21-hour course offers training in disaster preparation response and recovery skills.
DART (Disaster Aid Response Team)
- The Disaster Aid Response Team (DART) is an organization of citizen volunteers trained to assist the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department in its emergency and service function. Founded in 1982, DART proudly serves Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, and the surrounding communities.
VIP (Volunteers in Policing)
- The Volunteers In Policing Program (VIP) was developed by the Police Department in December 1994. It is comprised of approximately 50 members who are familiar with the Town of Los Gatos and City of Monte Sereno. These trained volunteers are used to enhance crime prevention awareness and community services.
SR2S (Safe Routes to School)
- In an cooperative effort, town and school district staff developed school route plans for each of the elementary and middle schools in the Los Gatos Union School District.