Picnic tables with small barbeques are scattered throughout the park. These areas are first come first served and limited to small family groups (25 people or less).
Reserved Group Areas
Nine areas are available for use by reservation only. Each area can accommodate fifty people and has a large barbeque pit and tables. Visit the online reservation system to learn more about permit fees for park use. To view map of group areas, click here.
About Oak Meadow Park
In 1954 a new park site had to be found with the construction of Highway 17 causing the loss of Memorial Park. A parcel of land at the corner of University Avenue and Williams Street (Blossom Hill Road today) owned by Louisa and Pietro Denevi was purchased in May 1957. The site was previously used as the sewer farm for the Town.
Developed in stages, the park opened in 1958. Since then, the park has become very popular. The added features of a historical airplane, fire engine, railroad, carousel, and cupola, located in a lovely creek-side setting. Oak Meadow is enjoyed by everyone.