Community Grant Programs
The Town provides grants of Town General Fund monies to local nonprofit agencies that provide human service, art, cultural, and educational programming. Funding priority is given to agencies serving the largest number of low and moderate-income clientele and whose funding request directly benefits Los Gatos residents. The grant applicant must be incorporated as a tax-exempt nonprofit corporation (IRS 501-C 3) and/or exist as another governmental entity.
Grant applications must be submitted online. See applications below for additional details and deadlines.
Eligibility: To be eligible for Community Grant funding, agencies must:
- Submit a separate, completed on-line application form for each project;
- Be incorporated as a tax-exempt nonprofit corporation (IRS 501-C.3.) and/or exist as another governmental entity;
- Demonstrate the managerial and financial capability to receive and expend grant funds;
- Assure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws including the non- discrimination requirement; and
- Demonstrate good faith efforts to secure funding for programs and services from other sources.
Funding Categories: Programs for which funding is requested must qualify under one of the categories below. Proposals not fitting into one of these categories will not be considered for funding. Applicant services must directly benefit residents within the incorporated limits of the Town of Los Gatos.
- Seed Program: Funding for start-up of new programs designed to meet a significant community need or problem. Proposers must demonstrate a high probability that funding can be sustained beyond the commitment of Town funds.
- Project: Funding for one-time projects designed to address a significant community need or problem. Town funding shall be limited to a specific time-frame, usually not more than one year.
- Emergency: Funding for operational programs in the community which meet an existing need. Applicants must demonstrate that: 1) current programs meet stated goals and objectives; 2) financial constraints will significantly curtail services to Town residents; and 3) future funding to continue the program can be obtained from other sources. Funding for programs shall be limited to one year.
- Community Programs: Funding for programs and services to address identified community needs or problems (as stated in the Town’s General Plan, action plans, or other policies).
Evaluation criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
Community need for the program
Uniqueness of program, lack of duplications in service
Qualifications and experience of the agency and its staff
Past performance in providing established services and meeting Town requirements
Effectiveness in serving an identified audience
Community involvement in program, including volunteers
Number of Los Gatos clients served vs. total clients served (unduplicated clients)
Cost per Los Gatos resident vs. cost per non-Los Gatos resident
Target audience for program (e.g., youth, seniors, students)
Number of low and very low-income clients served
Percent of total program budget requested from Town
Clarity, completeness, and accuracy of grant proposal
This application does not commit the Town to award a contract, pay any costs incurred in preparing the application, or procure or contract for services or supplies. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications received, to negotiate with all qualified applicants, or to cancel in part or in its entirety the application if it is in the best interest of the Town. The Town may also negotiate with qualified agencies to meet community need.
Funding Availability: The Town Council will decide the amount of available funding for FY 19/20 during the budget process. Based on the recent past, total funding allocations range from $100,000-$120,000 with Human Service programs ranging from $80,000-$100,000 and Arts, Cultural, and Educational programs ranging from $10,000-$20,000.
For additional information, please contact:
Via Phone: Lynda Seastrom, Manager’s Office Assistant (408) 354-6832
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Person: Town of Los Gatos
Town Manager’s Office
110 East Main Street
Los Gatos, CA 95030