With the prior approval of, and/or at the direction of, the Town Council or its delegate, the Commission shall receive public input, evaluate options, and make recommendations on policy issues including, but not limited to, the following:
- Policies and procedures on park, trail, open space, and street tree programs.
- Inventories of park, trail, open space, and street tree services that exist or may be needed, and of the needs of the public regarding these services.
- Coordination of park, trail, open space, and street tree services with the programs of other governmental agencies and voluntary organizations.
The Commission consists of seven (7) voting members:
- Six (6) adult members, whose terms of office shall be three (3) years
- One (1) Youth Commissioner as a voting member, appointed by the Youth Commission, whose term of office shall be for one (1) year with no limitations on reappointment
Agendas & MinutesAgendas & Minutes
The Commission meets on the first Monday of even numbered months (i.e. February, April, June, August, etc.) Meetings are held at various parks during warm summer months and at the Parks and Public Works Department office during the winter months. Please view the meeting's agenda for exact location or call the Parks and Public Works Department at (408) 399-5770 for meeting information.
How Can I Get Involved?
For application information, please click here.
All meetings are open to the public We invite you to attend a meeting before you apply. Please contact the Parks and Public Works Department at (408) 399-5770 to confirm meeting date, location, and time.
Parks & Trails Improvement Suggestion Box
If you would like to submit a suggestion for parks or trails improvements in Los Gatos, please send staff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.