Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Part 1 California Administrative CodePart 2 California Building Code, Volumes 1 & 2Part 2.5 California Residential Code (NEW)Part 3 California Electrical CodePart 4 California Mechanical CodePart 5 California Plumbing CodePart 6 California Energy CodePart 8 California Historical Building CodePart 9 California Fire CodePart 11 California Green Building Standards Code - CALGreen, 1st State-Adopted Green CodePart 12 California Referenced Standards Code
2009 International Code for Property Maintenance2009 International Existing Building Code, Chapters 9, 14 and Appendices A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5
Los Gatos Town Code
• Single-family dwellings of wood frame construction not more than two stories and/or including basement in height.
• Multiple dwellings containing no more than four dwelling units of wood frame construction not more than two stories and basement in height. Not more than four dwelling units per lot.
• Garages or other structures appurtenant to dwellings, of wood frame construction not more than two stories and basement in height.
• Agricultural and ranch buildings of wood frame construction.*• Nonstructural store fronts, interior alterations or additions, fixtures, cabinetwork, furniture, or other appliances or equipment including nonstructural work necessary to provide for their installation.
• Nonstructural alterations or additions to any building necessary to or attendant upon the installation of such storefronts, interior alterations or additions, fixtures, cabinetwork, furniture, appliances, or equipment.
• May not design any component that affects the safety of any building or its occupants, including but not limited to structural or seismic components.
* Unless the building official having jurisdiction deems that an undue risk to the public health, safety or welfare is involvedStructural Engineers * have no Limitations; may design any building of any type.
Applicable Statutes - 6731, 6736, 5537.1 of B & P Code
Civil Engineers * may design any building except hospitals or schools.
Applicable Statutes - 15013 of H & S Code 5537.5, 6731, 6735 of B & P Code
Architects * may design any type building except the structural portion of a hospital.
Applicable Statutes - 15048 of H & S Code, 5500.1, 6737 of B & P Code
Not all homes or commercial buildings need a backflow valve. New structures, new installation or alterations of plumbing fixtures require the installation of a backwater valve if the lowest finished floor elevation is less than one foot above the uphill manhole cover of the public sewer system. Existing homes or commercial buildings located in older parts of Los Gatos may have been constructed or had plumbing repairs completed before the requirement of a backwater valve and may need backflow protection. Los Gatos Town Code section 22.20.055(b) provides the Town of Los Gatos is not liable for damage resulting from sewer overflow where the property owner or other person has failed to install and maintain a backflow valve.The Town suggests that while you are working on your plumbing system you have your plumber or West Valley Sanitation District investigate your property to see if a backwater valve is necessary to protect your property. Although the cost can vary, the one-time cost may save your personal property and help eliminate potential unnecessary hardships. Backwater Valve Handout