The Town of Los Gatos Community Development Department works in partnership with the housing successor agency to the former Los Gatos Redevelopment Agency to improve and preserve the supply and quality of existing rental and ownership housing opportunities that are available for residents and employees of local businesses.
Below Market Price (BMP) Housing Program
When new developments are approved by the Town, the Below Market Price (BMP) Housing Ordinance adopted in 1979 requires developers to offer a minimum percentage of the units so they are affordable to lower and median income households.
Neighborhood Housing Services Silicon Valley (NHSSV) is the contract administrator for the Los Gatos Below Market Price (BMP) Housing Program. NHSSV coordinates the buyer qualification and selection process for both new and resale BMP ownership units and conducts the annual monitoring and tenant verification for BMP rental units. For more information, please contact Neighborhood Housing Services at 408-279-2600.
- For current BMP owners or renters, please contact Christina Dimas at 408-579-6508 or email.
- For interest in future BMP units or rentals, please contact Mandy Israde at 408-579-6508 or email.
- Town of Los Gatos BMP policy
Project Sentinel is the contract administrator for the program and provides conciliation, mediation, and arbitration services. For more information, please contact Project Sentinel at 408-402-0307 or email Anky Van Deursen.
- Los Gatos Rental Dispute Resolution Program Brochure
- Arbitration Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP)
West Valley Community Services supplies services to low and extremely low income families living in Los Gatos. Services include:
- Rental assistance to prevent homelessness
- Assistance to prevent eviction
- Deposit assistance to house un-housed persons
- Utility assistance to prevent utility shut off
For more information, please contact Michelle Ma, MSW, Program Manager - Stability Support Services at 408-255-8033 ext.106 or email email@example.com>
Mobile Home Ordinance
The Los Gatos Mobile Home Ordinance was adopted by the Town in 1992 and helps stabilize rents in mobile home parks.
Santa Clara County Annual Income Limits
The Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development establishes annual income limit definitions, adjusted by household size, for Santa Clara County. These limits are used by many local agencies to determine eligibility for various programs.
The Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development establishes annual Fair Market Rent limit definitions for Santa Clara County. These limits are used by the Town to determine allowable rent for the Town’s BMP Program.
Utility Allowance Information
The Housing Authority of Santa Clara County establishes annual utility allowance information for use by landlords and local agencies in determining allowable rents and increases.
Housing Rehabilitation Resources
- East Bay / Silicon Valley Habitat for Humanity Rehab Program
- County of Santa Clara HOME Rehab Program
- Rebuilding Together
- Silicon Valley Independent Living Center
- Housing Trust of Santa Clara County Downpayment Assistance Programs
- County of Santa Clara HOME Downpayment Assistance
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program
- California Housing Finance Agency